Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Internet Difficulties

I've been having a lot of Internet problems the last few days. BrightHouse says it will be almost a week before they can get a service tech out, a stunning testimonial, so I'm gonna get a quick post in while the getting is good.

I finished my simulated instrument time on Tuesday. Rob took a pic of me with the IFR goggles on. Don't know who was looking for traffic while he was taking the pic. All I need is a few hours of prep for the checkride and the big event itself. Next time I fly, Rob will run me through a mock checkride. I'll probably practice a bit after that to brush up on my weak points and I might take another mock checkride with a different instructor. If the weather cooperates, which it is not doing at the present time, I should finish up within a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Paul said...

You look like you're trying to see out of the window...no peeking! :) I think I'm hunched over the yoke when I've got the foggles on, willing the plane to fly level. It doesn't work...I get the leans and have to focus on staying out of a bank.

Tony B. said...

Occasionally I have sneaked a peek with the foggles on. It doesn't work. I only got disorientated. Especially if I "felt" one thing, then got a sneek look at the ground and it looked different. So, I started focusing on the instruments. The thing that was remarkable to me is how quickly things could get screwed up if I focused on one instrument too long. I can see how VFR pilots get themselves killed in IMC.