Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Medical Exam Passed....almost

Yesterday when I left the medical examiner's office I was pretty upset. He refused to grant a medical certificate because of a condition that should not have caused a big problem, amblopia or lazy eye. I emailed the doctor the relevant sections of the FAA's Aviation Medical Examiner's Guide and hoped he would come through for me. Well... Today I'm much happier. The doctor called, apologized for the delay and thanked me for the information I sent. I have in my grimy hands one signed Medical Certificate Third Class and Student Pilot Certificate.

Actually the amblyopia still places one limitation on me. I have to have a medical flight test at the end of my training when I have my regular FAA flight test. No big deal. I can proceed with my training without any problems. Which is exactly what I will do tomorrow morning if the weather (can you say Hurricane Ike) permits.

No comments: