Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PilotMall.com Scholarship


Yesterday, after I had purchased my knee board at Pilot Mall, the young lady who waited on me mentioned that I might apply for their aviation education scholarship, if I had not finished my private pilot training. At first, I thought it was funny, that I, at 47 years of age would apply for a scholarship. But after she told me they have had only 5 applicants, I didn't think it so funny any more. They are offering one $1000 and two $500 scholarships to U.S. citizens training for a private pilot certificate. Fill out a brief application, pen a 500 word essay and that's it. I would post my essay, but one of you guys might copy it.


3 comments:

Steve said...

That's great - thanks for the link.

Not sure if I qualify although I suppose if I submit prior to my checkride I meet the requirements.

Tony B. said...

I don't think it's too late unless you have your certificate. The girl I spoke to said I could apply as long as I had not finished my training.

Paul said...

I'll tell you what - send me your essay and I'll tweak it before sending it in. I'll make sure your essay leaves a lasting impression :)

Thanks for the link...now delete the post.