Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Study, practice, study, practice....

My youngest son thinks his mom and I are cruel for making him prepare for his upcoming SAT. He'll really think we're cruel after he takes the test 3 or 4 times. At any rate, we're evil because we make him work practice questions 30 minutes each day. I've got news for him, I'm harder on myself. I put in at least an hour a day in preparation for my upcoming private pilot knowledge test. Having been out of school for some time, studying is not as easy as it used to be. I usually study right before bedtime, helps me get to sleep.

I took another practice flight today. I was pretty happy with the way it went and thought my maneuvers were up to standards. In hindsight, or in GPS hindsight, I did cut my turn around a point a bit close. Next time I'll make sure to finish it off properly. The landings went well. It seems to be getting easier to transition between normal/short/soft field landings. The only thing I did wrong was getting on the brakes before I dumped the flaps on one of the short field landings. The tires on the 172 were squeeling down the runway.

Thursday, Rob and I are flying to Charlotte County (PGD) and navigating by VOR. Should be fun. I have my flight plans prepared, or as prepared as they can be until I get the weather Thursday morning. I've prepared two routes, one involves Tampa's class B and Sarasota's class C airspace. I'm hoping we go that way. Guess it will depend on how Rob feels Thursday.



You'll need google earth to open and view the lesson 17 flight track.

Statistics


Dual Instruction Time: 16.4 Hours

Solo/PIC Time: 8.8 Hours

Landings: 92

No comments: