Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gettin kinda lazy

I've had two solo practice flights over the past few days and I'm finally getting around to posting. Truth is, I've been using every spare waking moment in preparation for my oral exam/check-ride and I'm starting to get sort of burnt out. I've reached the point where I feel that if I'm not ready now, I'll never be ready.

Rob and I are flying tomorrow. I have a list of questions in preparation for the oral, and he needs to show me where the maintenance records are kept. He'll look over my flight plan as well. Truth is, I wish I could take the test tomorrow and get it over with.

lesson 31


You'll need google earth to view the lesson 31 file.


Statistics:
Total Time: 47.4 Hours
Flight Training: 25.7 Hours
Simulated Instrument: 3.0 Hours
Solo/PIC: 21.1 Hours
Cross Country: 12.0 Hours
Night: 3.1 Hours
Landings: 142

6 comments:

Steve said...

At this point, you're definitely about as prepared as you'll ever be. Take the day off to rest your brain with the oral stuff and then hit up anything that you've been getting stuck on a few hours before the exam. Obviously do whatever works for you, but that'd be my advice. Most of all, take a few deep breaths, relax, remember that if you start to screw something up to say what's going on and correct it and you'll be alright... and relax.

Good luck!

Paul said...

How is studying for the oral different from studying from the written? Are you just reviewing your written test prep material or are you following your wife around the house, explaining all things aeronautical to her?

Steve said...

I'll let Tony give his own answer to that one... but in my case, I had the ASA Oral Prep book that I reviewed. Similar to the stuff on the written, yes... but I think it digs more into some of the aeromedical and planning side of things. Good book too, by the way.

Tony B. said...

Ok, Paul,

No, I'm not following my wife around and explaining everything to her. Not only would that drive her crazy, it would probably scare her to realize how much information we are responsible for.

I picked up an ASA oral exam study guide, and it kind of intimidated me. I was suprised at how many questions I could not answer satisfactorily. I on my second pass through that book and feeling better about it. I should be in good shape.

Tony

Tony B. said...

Steve,

You're right, that ASA oral prep guide is an excellent book. I'm keeping it for a quick reference.

Paul said...

Thanks for the tip on the book, guys...I just ordered it!