Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Last flight as a student pilot, hopefully.

With any luck, I have taken my last flight as a student pilot. If I revise that statement on Thursday, it will be with a huge frown on my face.

Rob and I took a quick flight today. I had spent a good deal of my last two practice sessions working on stalls, and it seems to have paid off. I went through slow flight, power-on and power-off stalls, both straight and banked. All went well, as did my short field landing at Whitted. My examiner's home airport is Peter O. Knight (TPF), and Rob says he loves to divert pilots there. So, we flew across the bay to TPF where I did a touch-and-go to get a feel for the place. That's TPF in the photo at the top. Once again, I borrowed the photo from AirNav.

Back at Whitted, we went to the maintenance hangar to take a look at the engine and airframe log book for N54666. I'm headed back to Whitted tomorrow to "check out" the log book and move it over to the FBO office where I'll have easy access to it Thursday. I'm gonna bookmark the pages for the annual, 100 hour, transponder and ELT inspections. That should impress the examiner, I hope. An old fraternity brother, and former college roommate is flying into Whitted tomorrow, so the trip to the airport is fortuitous. I'm gonna buy him lunch, and he's gonna let me fly his Lance. I get the better part of that bargain.


You'll need google earth to open the lesson 31 file.

Statistics:
Total Time: 49.4 Hours
Flight Training: 27.1 Hours
Simulated Instrument: 3.0 Hours
Solo/PIC: 21.1 Hours
Cross Country: 12.0 Hours
Night: 3.1 Hours
Landings: 146

1 comment:

Steve said...

Everyone together now, one last time:

"Good luck tomorrow Tony!"